QUICK GUIDE TO TINGLOY ISLAND
Itching to hit the beach but don’t have budget or your money isn’t enough to go to Boracay, Palawan, Cebu or maybe Bohol? There are other ways where you can enjoy summer without emptying your pockets. C’mon, The Philippines have more than 7,500 islands (yep not 7,107 anymore). Are you going to run out of options? Well, I don’t think so.
Here comes Tingloy island in the picture where Masasa beach is located. This is one of those beaches that is budget-friendly and near the Metro (Batangas) so it’s a win-win.
- Take a bus going to Batangas City. There’s one in Cubao and Pasay. Travel time is mostly 2 hours. Tell the conductor to drop you off at the Terminal (remember not Batangas Port) Cost: 150 pesos or more
- Take a jeep going to Anilao Port, Mabini. Travel time is 45 minutes and 1 hour depending on the traffic. Cost: 30-40 Pesos
- Boat ride from Anilao Port to Tingloy port. Make sure you write on the manifesto before anything else. The coast guard is strict and if the boat is only allowed to accommodate 80 passengers then it will only be 80 no more no less. Cost: 80-90 Pesos
- Tricycle to Masasa beach (Cost: 60.ride) or walk from port the house where you will be staying.
- There are no fancy hotels in the island. Either you pitch a tent or stay in a house with a family (It’s like an Airbnb). Most of the residents/locals there are offering their rooms in their houses per night. Rate starts at 50o Pesos. Contact: