- They did gave us itinerary and inclusions (We somehow realised they must have copied it from other travel and tours' packages, shame!) for the trip and when we got there, nothing happened, yes they provided tents, cooking and eating utensils, boat ride, and last but not the least, the van (UrVan for god's sake? How are you going to survive an 8-9hr drive with that kind of vehicle?). We were promised that it would be van suited for travelling. What's worse was that they did not tell us the change of vehicle ahead of time. If it were the case, then we might have rescheduled the trip and refunded our deposit.
- The driver was so reckless that we were nervous the whole trip because when you reach Quezon province, the road seems to meander like forever. Imagine you're trying to sleep but the driving is so freaking fast, you'll be afraid of what will happen if something go wrong (God forbid). Tip: If you can, and you should, talk to the travel and tours representative or the driver to be careful when you're passing on the zigzag road.
- We were 10 in the group plus 4 (It should only be the driver, right and at least 1 representative but there are two additional persons- One girl, friend of the girl whom we are in contact with and one guy- which aren't supposed to be there!)
- Late market/grocery shopping. We left Paracale port at around 9-10am. We thought we'd just have breakfast and then wait for at least 30mins or so for the boat ride.
- No activities were done vs the one that they sent us (mountain trek, snorkel, side trip to bagasbas beach et al) and we paid 3,500 knowing we will avail a few of those, but no, none of those happened. wtf, right?
- They even asked our friend if its' okay if we could cook the meals for us. (!!!) We paid 3,500 pesos only for us to worry about the meals? That is not fair at all.
THRIFTY TRAVELLER’S GUIDE TO CALAGUAS ISLANDPosted on May 27, 2016
Travelling to Calaguas Island, Camarines Norte is one hell of an experience. As previously mentioned in my Quick Guide (here), getting there will ultimately test your patience and energy but if you're infected with the travel bug, then there's nothing can stop you from going and seeing this wonderful place. We left for Bicol at around 10pm at Starmall, Shaw. This trip was full of surprises (in a negative way) because the travel and tours we booked did not even know what they're doing and was not prepared at all. Let me list it down: