If you are into hiking or this kind of adventure and if you haven't done it before, then this may excite you. Only a few hours away from Manila, going to Taal volcano is a great quick escapade from the stressful environment of the metro and just be with mother nature on a weekend. Plus the activity is more fun if you're with your family or friends. The activity is highly recommended for big groups so that the share could be less than 2,000 Pesos.
- Best option going to Taal is by private vehicle. Most of the people from our group is from Lipa and our jump off point is Taal lake yacht club in Talisay in Batangas. If you're coming from Lipa, then take the star toll way and in about 30-45 minutes, you're there.
- From there you will ride a boat going to the foot of the volcano where a tour guide will brief you before ascending. Travel time from TLYC to the volcano is more or less 20 minutes.
- Boat can hold up to 4-5 people.
- We only stayed in TYLC for a few hours; While waiting to board the boat and at least 1-2 hours after the trek which is lunch. There are several cabanas where you can eat and rest before and after the activity. If I could remember it, 200/hr is the rent for each.
- TLYC doesnt have an accommodation but I think they can get you a room in a hotel near their area. For more info go to their site: http://www.tlyc.com/
- More or less 1,100 Pesos. Inclusion: a sumptuous lunch (big enough for 14 people), boat rental (4,800 for 4-5 people), environmental fee/tourism tax (100 per pax), boat landing fee (50 per boat) For more info go to their site: http://www.tlyc.com/
- Just a half day. It's highly recommended to hike early in the morning.
- It would take 2.5-3 hours roundtrip from and to TYLC , 14 stations (not that far from each other)
Kind of trail:
- There are 2 options: Regular and Secret. we chose the former as it would just take just a few hours and because it is more cheap.